Our rugby friends West of Scotland Football Club are 150 years old this season!
Our rugby friends West of Scotland Football Club are 150 years old this season and in tribute to this significant milestone a small display on the club can currently be seen at the museum.
West were originally based at the West of Scotland Cricket Ground, scene of the world’s first official international football match (Association rules) in 1872. That first historic encounter between Scotland and England was organised by Queen’s Park FC, the owners of Hampden Park where the museum is based. The distinctive red and yellow hoops of the West of Scotland club were adopted by Partick Thistle in 1935.